Anti-Inflammatory Coconut and Sweet Potato Muffin Recipe
A delicious, moist muffin recipe that'll become a family favorite. Best of all, it's anti-inflammatory, and won't make you feel guilty for consuming it!
Total Time1 hr 30 mins
Keyword: anti-inflammatory, muffin, snack, dessert, coconut, sweet potato
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 small sweet potato (about 1 cup packed)
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 flax seed "egg" (1 tbsp. ground flax mixed with 2.5 tbsp. water)
- 2 tbsp. potent cannabis infused olive oil
- 1/2 cup cannabis infused, pure maple syrup or raw, unpasteurized honey, pure maple syrup or raw, unpasteurized honey
- 1 cup organic brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup organic coconut flour
- 1 tbsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp. ginger powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Use a wooden skewer to make 10-12 holes in your sweet potato and cook it on a baking tray for an hour to soften it.
Remove the potato and let it cool.
Oil your muffin tray with coconut oil.
Cut the potato in half and scoop out the insides into a large bowl (eat the skin for a nutritious snack!).
Add the flax seed “egg,” coconut milk, olive oil and maple syrup (or honey) to the bowl and combine until smooth.
In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
Pour the batter evenly throughout the muffin tray until each section is 2/3 full.
Place the tray on the middle rack of the oven and cook for 30-35 minutes.
Let it cool, then enjoy! You can freeze these and eat them as you please.