Cauliflower Soup with Raw Canna-oil
Start to finish: 1 hour (active: 15 minutes)
Yields: 6 servings
Approximate dosage: 0mg THC (you will get the health benefits of THCA from the raw cannabis, but none of the intoxicating effects of decarboxylated cannabis oil
• 1 cup raw cannabis leaves
• ½ cup raw basil leaves
• ½ cup avocado oil
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 shallot, diced
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 cups leeks, thinly sliced, white stems only
• 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
• 4 cups vegetable broth
• ¼ cup cashews, raw and soaked overnight
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 3 tablespoons chives, chopped (optional)
• Finishing salt, to garnish
- In a small pot, blanch the raw cannabis leaves and basil in boiling salted water for 10 seconds, then immediately shock in ice water and drain.
- Roughly chop the cannabis and basil, squeeze out excess water, place in a blender, and add avocado oil. Purée for about 3–4 minutes.
- Strain using cheesecloth or through a coffee filter. Pour into a container and refrigerate for use later on.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add shallot, garlic, and leeks. Cook until soft. Add the cauliflower and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring the soup to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, bring the heat down to medium and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the cashews and sea salt. Pour the soup into the blender in batches and blast on high until smooth.
- Once all soup has been blended, serve in bowls with a drizzle of green cannabis oil, chives, and chunky finishing salt.