Keep out at room temperature and consume within an hour, although that shouldn’t be a problem once you taste it!
MEDICATED MAITAKE BACON
- 1 tbsp. cannabis infused olive oil
- 1 tbsp. cannabis infused, toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/2 tsp salt (reduce to 1/4 tsp if you want it less salty)
- 7 oz. fresh maitake mushrooms (can be found in most Asian grocers or at Whole Foods)
- a few pinches of smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with a parchment. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive and sesame oils. Add salt and liquid smoke and whisk again.
- Slice off the base of the mushroom (I used two, 3.5 oz. maitake for this). Discard or reserve and freeze the base for making stock later, if you wish.
- Separate the fragile spoon-shaped petals with your hands into a large bowl. Pour the liquid over the mushrooms and toss well to coat. Transfer to the parchment paper and distribute in an even layer.
- Place into the oven to bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir around and redistribute into a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a paper towel. Sprinkle with a few pinches of smoked paprika, if desired. Once cooled, they will crisp up nicely. Keep at room temperature and serve within the hour.