MaryJane's Mushroom and Thyme Cheesecake
Yield: 6-8 servings
Active time: 30 minutes
Start to finish: 1 hour, 30 minutes
For the pan:
2 tablespoons cannabis infused butter or olive oil
3 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
For the mushroom mixture:
2 tablespoons cannabis infused butter
2 tablespoons cannabis infused extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound assorted mushrooms, sliced (hen of the woods is great)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small onion, minced
1 tablespoon thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup dry sherry
For the cheese mixture:
1 1/2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon salt
Pita chips, bread or crackers
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Prepare a 7” or 8” springform pan by coating it with a thin layer of butter or olive oil. Then coat with a thin layer of bread crumbs.
- To prepare the mushrooms, heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat and add the butter and olive oil.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté, stirring occasionally, until they have a deep golden brown color, about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic and continue to cook an additional 2-3 minutes. Add the thyme, salt and pepper. Deglaze the pan with the sherry and set aside.
- For the cheese mixture, place all of the ingredients in the food processor and mix until smooth.
- Pour in half of the cheese mixture into your prepared springform pan and top with half of the mushroom mixture. Repeat with another layer of the cheese mixture and finally with the mushroom mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until set. It will still be a bit jiggly.
- Wait at least 20 minutes before unmolding, so it doesn’t collapse. Serve hot or room temperature with grilled toast or crackers.