Sweet potato soup is a cold-weather must. Medicated it can take the aches and pains of winter away.
Medicinal Sweet Potato Soup
3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in sections
2-3 tablespoons potent cannabutter
3 scallions, chopped
½ cup parsley leaves fresh or fried (see below), dried well
2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
1 teaspoon curry powder
½ teaspoon cayenne powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons half-and-half
2-3 cups stock, chicken or vegetable
Fresh parsley for garnish
1. Place the potatoes in a large soup pot and cover with water by several inches. Simmer the sweet potato till very tender, about 20-25 minutes. Drain.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, heat a medium saucepan with the cannabutter. Sauté the scallions for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. If you are planning to add the fried parsley, heat a couple of inches of canola oil in a small saucepot. When hot, add the dried parsley to the hot oil carefully — it may splatter a bit — and fry for a few seconds, just until the parsley crisps. Place on paper towels to drain.
4. Place the cooked sweet potato in the bowl of your food processor and puree. Gradually add the remaining ingredients, ending with the stock, until completely smooth.
5. Heat the soup before serving. Ladle into serving bowls and top with fresh parsley as a garnish.