Stuffed mini peppers, Chroizo and Cheese
Serves 4 (16 small peppers halves, four halves per serving)
8 mini peppers, split and seeded
3-4 tablespoons cannabis infused olive oil
1 chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
5 scallions, sliced
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1½ cups fresh breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper
2-3 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Place the seeded pepper halves on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
2. Heat the canna-olive oil in pan. Sauté the sliced chorizo, let cool, then chop and set aside in a medium bowl. Remember to save the canna-cooking oil.
3. Add scallions to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic, breadcrumbs and salt and pepper to taste. If the mixture seems dry, add a tablespoon or two of plain olive oil. Stir in the chopped chorizo, along with any leftover canna-oil, and mix to combine.
4. Divide the mixture among the pepper halves, pressing the stuffing in so that it stays together.
5. Top each pepper half with a piece of goat cheese. Place in the oven and bake until the goat cheese begins to turn golden brown and the peppers are tender, about 12-15 minutes. Enjoy!