Cheesesteaks and Chicken Wings
Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cannabutter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk and heavy cream over low heat until it is warm to the touch. Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside
- Ina heavy saucepan, melt the cannabutter and butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in the flour (the mixture should resemble wet sand). Continue to cook for 2 minutes, whisking constantly
- Gradually whisk in half of the warm milk mixture, stirring until all the flour lumps are gone and the sauce is smooth and creamy. Whisk in the remaining milk mixture, and cook until the sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Add the cheddar, pepper jack and Parmesan 1/2 cup at a time, whisking constantly, until all the cheese has melted. Add the cream cheese a few cubes at a time, whisking constantly and waiting until each portion has melted before adding more
- Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of cayenne
CHEFS’ NOTES: For a spicy kick, add diced pickled jalapenos and a few splashes of your favorite hot sauce. Adding diced tomatoes and chopped cilantro gives the sauce a fresh note.
Traditional Buffalo-style Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings, about 24
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Frank’s or other hot sauce of your choice
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons cannabutter
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Rinse the chicken wings and pat them dry. Cut off wing tips and discard. Separate wings at joint into 2 pieces.
- Toss wings with vegetable oil to coat and spread out on baking sheets. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn wings over and bake an additional 15 minutes until an instant-read thermometer registerd to 150 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, whisk together the unsalted butter, hot sauce, sriracha, and cannabutter, stirring until cannabutter is completely melted and evenly distributed throughout. Remove the pan from the heat.
- When the wings are cooked, transfer them to a large mixing bowl. Pour the sauce over them and toss the wings with the sauce to coat evenly.
- Arrange the wings on a serving tray and use a spatula to scrape out any sauce that is left in the bowl, drizzling it over the wings. Garnish with celery leaves.
- 2 tablespoons cannabis-infused olive oil
- 1 bell pepper, any color, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 slices roast beef
- 2 hero or hoagie rolls, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese Sauce (recipe above)
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat
- Add the bell pepper and cook until softened. 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent. 6 to 7 minutes more. Set the vegetables aside.
- In the same pan, saute the roast beef, adding a little more olive oil if the pan is dry.
- Return the vegetables to the pan to heat through.
- Divide the roast beef mixture between the bottoms of the rolls.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the mixture, top the rolls, and serve immediately